Monday, May 17, 2010

Post of Wounded Spirits in a Promised Land and Poems

I found the Wounded Spirts in a promised land article relate very well to what Kasa Bayasin said about her vision of Jerusalem and reality. It also related very well to the wall article in saying the Wall doesn't hold anything from migrating, but serves as a witness to the flow of faiths and hatreds. I think that this was very well written and moving.

In a Sense of Freedom, the author profoundly states that he is not recognized as an individual but is viewed as a prototype to represent his family. Even yet, he still finds a great sense of belonging in Jerusalem. I think this conveys similar emotions as Kasa Bayasin.

Again, in A City of Stone, the author describes Jerusalem's magnetism.
It very interesting to read poems by authors living in Israel and speak with Kasa. Through these poems, I feel as though both sides express the same feelings. I wonder if these people have the Nosgalic view of Jerusalem, similiar to what Dr. Held was describing.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought that it was powerful to hear them talk of the city and the walls as a silent witness. That place would be soaking in all that happens in and around it. If it could speak it would laugh, mourn, cry, and sing with the circumstances and lives that have past through. While this thought is moving it is also frustrating. It leaves me wanting to scream...THEN SPEAK! Come on city, come on walls...what do you have to say? Maybe this is silly, but it's the angst I feel.

    ReplyDelete